- Add support for uploading new avatars and cover photos.
- Add "Reply to Author" menu item.
- Crash fixes.
- Memory leak fixes.
- Row height measurement fix.
- Minor visual changes.
This update adds file access, so it will require users to log in again.
- Add file uploading to post windows.
- Add a file manager, for uploading, downloading, and deleting App.net files.
- Add OEmbed media to post streams.
- Command-click in the sidebar to open tabs in new windows.
- Click on the current sidebar tab to scroll to the top.
- Add support for App.net's Explore Streams, which replace the Global tab. Global is included as an Explore Stream.
- Account switching keyboard shortcuts now work in post and message windows.
- Limit height of user cover photos.
- Fix tabs on user pages not correctly updating star/post counts.
- Various things that were broken before are now not broken.
- Some things are probably broken now.
- Add support for 2048 character messages.
- Fixed next page not loading.
- Remove hashtag post search.
- Add full-text post search.
- Add support for Markdown-style links in posts and messages.
- Add optional global hotkeys for "New Post", "New Message", and "Show Wedge".
- By default, Wedge will only show channels with App.net's "Private Message" type.
- Added a preference in "Behavior" to allow display of additional channel types.
- Added a disclosure button to the right of channel cells.
- Fixed the user's avatar being shown alongside messages initiated by the user.
- Stream markers are no longer overwritten when the user is not actively scrolling.
- Users are removed from your following list if you unfollow them.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash shortly after launching.
- Fixed inverted sidebar on old versions of Mac OS X.
- Added a header showing participating users to channels.
- Bug fixes.
- Added support for multiple accounts.
- Added basic support for private messaging.
- Bug fixes.
This update will require users to log in again.
- Fix for Mountain Lion's [File:///] bug crashing the app if any posts contained the magic string.
- Fix compatibility issue on Lion.
- Support for crossposting to multiple accounts.
- Crossposting options moved to the post window.
- Facebook crossposting support fixed (maybe).
- Fixed "Post" button being disabled when the app is restarted.
- Minor appearance changes.
- Streams load from the last place that you read.
- Improved scrolling performance in views that display lists of posts.
- User search moved from a sheet to the main search tab.
- New post count is shown in window title.
- Stream notifications are not shown for posts written by you.
- When writing new posts, quotation marks are automatically swapped out for their matched equivalents.
- Fixed refreshing leaving gaps if the number of items to download after the most recently loaded item exceeds 200.
- Fixed username autocompletion and highlighting after newlines in the post window.
- Notifications are removed from Notification Center once clicked.
- Added Interactions tab.
- Added notifications for follows, stars, and reposts.
- Added "Posted via" to post context menu.
- Fixed status bar highlight for stream.
- Clicked notifications take you to the appropriate user or tab.
- Improved performance when switching tabs.
- Simplified font and sidebar background settings.
- Helvetica used throughout the app when selected as the interface font.
- Add refresh menu item.
- Fixed reversed order of username/real name.
- Mentions, hashtags, and links in posts containing emoji characters are displayed properly.
- Fixed clicking inside a username while writing a post triggering autocompletion.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Added a new light sidebar style, with icons from the Batch icon set by Adam Whitcroft.
- Added autocomplete of followers and following to new post windows.
- Added animation when saving a draft.
- Posts mentioning you are highlighted.
- Support changed avatars and covers better.
- Fixed notifications.
- Fixed direction of slide animation when changing tabs.
- Bug fixes.
- Fix crash on launch/login on Lion.
- Wedge has write-only (yes) support for stream markers.
- Fixed an image caching bug.
For security reasons, this update will require users to log in again.
- Added profile editing.
- Add support for including location in posts.
- Disabled crossposting of posts beginning with mentions by default.
- Fixed flash of old profile picture on startup.
- Add post and star count to profile tabs.
- Create a new window if none are open when unhiding the app via the menubar item.
- Replies to threads appear immediately after posting.
- New post windows are saved and restored when the app closes and reopens.
- Improved performance when closing and opening the app.
- After deleting a post, the next post is selected.
- Fixed transition to the stream tab playing when opening a new window.
- Bug fixes.
- Fix crash on launch on Lion.
- Fix horrible text rendering in areas where the text rendering was horrible.
- Added support for crossposting to Twitter.
- Added support for crossposting to Facebook.
- Post cells should not be occasionally too small anymore.
- Full user description text should be displayed.
- Fix a bug on user profiles for users that have not added a description.
- Use App.net's unified stream API.
- Post windows should appear on screen correctly now.
- Followers/following bugfix.
- Added a menu item to quote and reply to a post.
- Added copy link/open in browser to the context menu.
- Clicking the selected tab again returns to the root view of that tab.
- New post windows appear on screen (always).
- Added "View Conversation" to context menu and Post menu.
- The length of feeds is capped, preventing the global feed from eating the entirely of your Mac's memory.
- Application is signed with Developer ID again.
- Merged Unified Stream and Stream, with unified as the default. This can be changed in preferences.
- Added support for showing mentions directed at users you do not follow, which acn be enabled in preferences.
- Added compact titlebar.
- Added an option to open links in the background.
- When the menu bar icon lights up, it will also flip over, to be more noticable.
- Added menu items for delete, star, repost, and quote.
- Menu items are correctly disabled when not applicable.
- Removed post popover - all "new post" actions open an independent window.
- Control + Tab and Control + Shift + Tab are the new default keybindings for switching tabs. As always, these and most other keyboard shortcuts can be changed in preferences.
- When new windows open in the background, their title label is not the "focused window" dark color.
- Wedge will automatically check for updates every hour.
- Fixed an issue with restoring the app's state upon relaunch.
- Fixed several issues with the unified stream's merging (duplicate posts).
- Fixed an error on startup on OS X 10.7 Lion.
The main source of crashing on Lion appears to be visiting a user's profile that has not been fully loaded - that is, one that was mentioned in a post, or one typed into the "Go to User" dialog. This bug has not been fixed in this release, as I want to get all of these other improvements out.
- Escape works correctly in new post popovers, in addition to new post windows.
- Switched from JSONKit to Cocoa's built in JSON decoding.
- Fixed keyboard shortcuts.
- Wedge has gone and a diet and can be smaller than ever.
- Added options to show both usernames and full names over posts.
- Added new login window.
- Fixed bugs with copying links and opening posts in browsers.
- Compact sidebar is the default choice now.
- Added very, very experimental support for OS X 10.7 "Lion".
- Application saves state when quitting.
- Application uses characters instead of low-level keycodes to save keyboard shortcut configuration. This change allows keyboard shortcuts to use the same character on alternative keyboard layouts. This update will clear any previous keyboard shortcut customization
- Loading errors show an overlay instead of a modal popup.
- Added an option to hide the Dock icon and menu bar.
- Added basic implementation of drafts.
- Added preference for scrolling behavior when new posts are loaded.
- Added context menu to post.
- Added menu items for next tab and previous tab.
- Partially reorganized menu layout.
- Menu bar items are only enabled when applicable.
- Fix a bug in the reply menu item.
- Fix a crash bug that occured occasionally when viewing a user's profile.
- Other assorted fixes.
Fixed a bug in the compact sidebar.
- Added an optional compact sidebar.
- Added a menu item to hide the sidebar to the View menu.
- Added keyboard interaction with the views.
- Rebuilt keyboard rebinding interface.
- Added an option to show usernames instead of full names.
- Added user search.
- Opens a new window if none is open when the Dock icon is clicked.
- Other things possibly fixed.